Modern application design has changed quite a bit in recent years. “Mobile-first” and “cloud-ready” are the types of applications you are expected to develop. Also, to keep pace with these demands, Microsoft has revamped their complete web stack with ASP.NET Core to meet these architectural demands.
Needless to say, you also have to secure these apps.
Multi-platform, multi-client, and highly-mobile users bring a new set of challenges, so the approaches of the past are no longer appropriate for modern applications. This three-day workshop is your chance to dive into all things security related to these new technologies. Learn how to securely connect native and browser-based applications to your back-ends and integrate them with enterprise identity management systems as well as social identity providers and services.
This workshop gives you an introduction to the technologies you need to know to build modern and secure web, native & mobile applications using Microsoft’s latest stack. Topics that will be covered include ASP.NET Core Security, Authentication & Authorization, OpenID Connect, OAuth 2, Web APIs, IdentityServer and more.
This workshop will use ASP.NET Core 3.0.
- Identity & Access Control in .NET Core 3
- ASP.NET Core 3 Security Framework
- Claims-based Identity
- Cookie-based Authentication
- Social Logins (e.g. Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- OpenID Connect & OAuth 2.0
- Single Sign On/Single Sign Off
- Securing APIs
- Token-based Authentication
- Token lifetime management
- Refresh tokens
- Building clients (Server to Server communications, Native & mobile Applications, SPAs)